Yash Law Group has represented clients throughout California, including Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties, to resolve their legal disputes. With each matter that Yash Law Group handles, we use litigation strategies that are personalized and tailored to each client’s unique case, concerns, and goals. The examples below represent a small sample of successful results we’ve obtained for clients in employment and labor law disputes, consumer disputes, and business disputes.
The past results described below are not a guarantee or assurance of success in cases we take in the future. No attorney can guarantee positive results in a case. The outcome of each case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case.Representative Civil Cases Employee/Consumer
- $1.54M class action settlement. 28-day shuffle case against hotel in Azusa, CA.
- $775,000 judgment. Business dispute. Appeal denied.
- $600,000 settlement. Sexual harassment and religious discrimination.
- $580,000+ judgment. Employment lawyer Yashdeep "Jesse" Singh secured a trial victory for a client after a four-week jury trial in Orange County Superior Court, North Justice Center in a lawsuit involving allegations of sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage-and-hour violations.
- $560,000 class action settlement. 28-day shuffle case against hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
- $530,000 judgment. Yash Law Group's clients prevailed in a lawsuit involving unpaid wages, retaliation, and wrongful termination. The defendants denied all allegations.
- $500,000 settlement. Business dispute.
- Trial victory in two consolidated cases involving wage disputes, including claims under the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA). Following a seven-day trial in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Yash Law Group and co-counsel obtained a verdict on behalf of clients. The case later settled for a confidential amount, while appeals were pending.
- $295,000+ judgment. Attorney's fees award affirmed by California Court of Appeal in Betancourt v. OS Restaurant Services, LLC, 83 Cal. App. 5th 132 (Cal. Ct. App. 2022).
- $290,000 settlement. Unsafe working conditions and wage-and-hour violations.
- $280,000 settlement. Disability discrimination and failure to provide disability accommodation.
- $270,000 settlement. Race discrimination.
- $250,000 settlement. Pregnancy discrimination and violation of Pregnancy Disability Leave law.
- $250,000 settlement. Retaliation for reporting wage-and-hour violations.
- $243,700 settlement. Wrongful termination and wage-and-hour action.
*Top 50 Labor & Employment Settlements in California 2021.
*Top 100 Wage & Hour Violation Settlements in California 2021.
- $150,000 settlement. Disability discrimination.
- $150,000 settlement. Retaliation for reporting wage-and-hour violations.
- $147,500 settlement, secured by judgment. Yash Law Group's business client obtained a favorable settlement on the first day of trial in San Bernardino County Superior Court in a dispute against artist Marco Archer (professionally known as Phora).
- $105,000 settlement. Discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Obtained dismissal in employment dispute. Yash Law Group represented a business located in Los Angeles County, California who was sued. The case was heavily litigated. After Yash Law Group learned that the other party stole proprietary information from our client, a cross-complaint was filed. Ultimately, the other party agreed to a mutual dismiss his case, receiving no compensation in exchange for the dismissal.
- Obtained favorable settlement in employment dispute. Yash Law Group represented a retail store located in Orange County, California who was sued. The employee claimed total lost wages of about $250,000. After conducting discovery and filing a motion for summary judgment, Yash Law Group was able to show that the total loss was inflated. The case settled for approximately $5,000.
- Obtained dismissal in business dispute. Yash Law Group represented a production house in Los Angeles, California and an Emmy winning producer after a lawsuit was filed against them based on production services on a motion picture. As a result of Yash Law Group's aggressive and careful litigation strategy, the case was dismissed and Yash Law Group's clients paid nothing to the other party.
- Obtained summary judgment in business dispute. Yash Law Group represented the defendants in a lawsuit involving a contract dispute. A motion for summary judgment was filed on behalf of our client, which sought a complete dismissal of all claims against our clients. The San Bernardino County Superior Court granted the motion in its entirety, and our clients earned a complete victory.
Hearings. Yash Law Group has successfully represented employees and employers in hearings before the California Labor Commissioner, including at the Santa Ana, Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and San Diego branches. We represent employees on a contingency basis when prosecuting a claim before the Labor Commissioner. We have been successful recovering money for the client, by way of settlement, before the final hearing as well as representing clients in an appeal after prevailing at the hearing. For example, an employee who was being represented by Yash Law Group obtained a favorable settlement on the first day of the appeal hearing in Superior Court after the employer appealed the Labor Commissioner’s decision. We represent employers on a flat-fee basis when defending a client before the California Labor Commissioner and other administrative or government agencies. We have successfully defended employers against employees who file frivolous claims for unpaid wages, including on multiple occasions obtaining judgments of $0 in favor of our clients. We also represent employers at appellate proceedings when a Labor Commissioner ruling is appealed by an employee.
Investigations. Yash Law Group also represents employers located throughout Southern California in investigations by the United States Department of Labor (US DOL) and California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). These agencies generally decide to investigate a company randomly or as a result of a complaint by an employee or, equally likely, by a nearby competitor. As part of the investigation to uncover any unpaid wages, the agencies will conduct an audit of the employer’s time records, employment policies, and other employment and payroll records. Employment and labor lawyer Yashdeep “Jesse” Singh, Esq., the principal attorney at Yash Law Group, has helped businesses in Orange County and throughout California with the investigation process, including attending hearings and assisting with the audit process to ensure full compliance.
If you believe you have been the victim of any unlawful or unfair business or employment practices, contact Yash Law Group to schedule a free consultation.