Orange County Employment Law Attorney
Advancing The Workplace
Employment law attorneys understand that employment and labor law touches people’s everyday lives in many ways. For employees, there is nothing worse than being stripped of their rights or being subject to discrimination, retaliation, or harassment in the workplace. For employers, endless time and effort is devoted to the success of a business, which can be disrupted in order to respond to employee or consumer complaints and lawsuits. Yash Law Group is a law firm based in both Orange County and Los Angeles County, California that provides support to both employees and employers in an effort to ensure that places of employment run smoothly and in line with California employment and labor law. By protecting employees in Buena Park, Cerritos, Whittier, Anaheim, Riverside, and other cities who have had their rights violated, and by protecting employers’ rights in Brea, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Downey, and other cities against complaints of noncompliance with state and federal employment law, Yash Law Group works to ensure that the workplace functions in a smooth and efficient manner, which benefits everyone. Orange County employment law lawyer Jesse Singh is ready to assist you whether you are an employee who has been mistreated or if you are an employer seeking help with business and labor law issues. Contact our Brea, California or Los Angeles, California office today.Los Angeles labor lawyer providing legal services to Orange County employees and consumers who are mistreated or subject to violations of California law
A strong local community depends on a good relationship between workers and employers. We are an Orange County law firm committed to aggressively and diligently protecting employees who feel disempowered by their wages, hours, or working conditions. California has many laws in place that protect the rights of hourly and salaried workers, and employers must abide by them. The laws are designed to “level the playing field” for employers and their workers so that the employment relationship is mutually satisfactory and beneficial. The employment and labor laws protect against a wide array of unlawful, unfair, or fraudulent conduct. In spite of these laws, the rights of many employees and other types of workers are violated, and these workers fear they will lose their job if they take action. As an employment law attorney serving Orange County, Jesse Singh has experience righting wrongs on behalf of those who were taken unfair advantage of at work. We can help protect an employee’s job and help seek monetary recovery while the employee looks for a new and exciting venture, while ensuring that the employee and the employee’s coworkers can work in a working environment that is in compliance with state and federal laws. We can also pursue claims on behalf of an employee who has lost his or her job, which can change the company’s pattern of unlawful behavior and benefit future employees. Some of the areas of employment and labor law that we assist with include:
- Wrongful termination or retaliation against an employee due to the employee’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, or some other characteristic or due to the employee’s complaint about conduct the employee reasonably believed violated the law, such as complaining to a manager about not receiving meal breaks and rest breaks or filing a grievance with the human resources (HR) department about a co-worker being discriminated against based on a disability. If you’ve been wrongfully fired, suspended without pay, or had your pay reduced, you should consult with a labor lawyer who has experience representing employees in wrongful termination and retaliation lawsuits.
- Workplace discrimination based on sex, disability, pregnancy, race, and other protected characteristics and activities is prohibited under California and federal law. Although an employer will never tell an employee that he or she was terminated for an unlawful reason, the circumstances surrounding the employee’s termination (or circumstantial evidence), such as termination immediately after a complaint, can reveal that the actual reason for the termination was unlawful. Orange County employment law attorney Jesse Singh is experienced and skilled at litigating cases involving workplace discrimination, retaliation, or harassment.
- Sexual harassment comes in many forms. A supervisor’s crude remarks about an employee’s sex or gender or drawings depicting offensive, sexually-charged graphics could all constitute sexual harassment. An employee should not be forced to work in a hostile work environment and has remedies available under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, among other laws.
- Reasonable accommodations for disabilities are guaranteed to many types of employees under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act and the federal Americans with Disabilities Act. Under these laws, employees who suffer from various mental or physical disabilities that make it difficult to work must be accommodated. Accommodations include modified job duties, transfer to a different unit, and ergonomic desks or chairs. An employer cannot fire or otherwise retaliate against employees because of a disability.
- Wage and hour disputes arise where a worker is not paid for all of his hours worked, including overtime hours, or not provided 30-minute meal breaks or 10-minute rest breaks. A staggering number of cases throughout California involve hourly paid employees working at hotels, motels, restaurants, retail stores, and hospitals who are not provided uninterrupted lunch breaks when they work a shift of more than five hours and who are paid nothing or paid below the correct overtime rate when they work over eight hours in a day. In certain cases, employers have required employees to sign invalid or unenforceable contracts waiving these rights in an effort to protect themselves. As an employment law lawyer based in Orange County, Jesse Singh has litigated numerous individual and class actions on behalf of California hourly employees and independent contractors involving unpaid wages and failure to provide meal breaks and rest breaks.
- Whistleblower protection is expansively provided under the California Labor Code, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, the FMLA, and many other state and federal laws. Whistleblowers are employees who complain to their employer or a government agency regarding the employer’s prohibited conduct. A whistleblower lawyer can help you recover monetary damages for being wrongfully terminated, seek reinstatement of your job, or recover punitive damages against the company to punish it.
If you feel that you have been abused, subject to discrimination or retaliation, not paid for all wages owed to you, unfairly fired from your position, or want to know more about your rights, employment law lawyer Jesse Singh may be able to help. Attorney Jesse Singh has successfully represented employees in lawsuits throughout Orange County and Los Angeles County seeking recovery of wages they earned, but were not paid and wages they would have earned if they were not wrongfully terminated. Our initial consultations are free of charge, and during our first meeting attorney Jesse Singh will personally speak with you to learn about your case. Our employment attorney handles all matters in our office personally and ensures that the path you are on is the best way to proceed to pursue your labor rights.Business law attorney providing compliance assistance to employers throughout Orange County, California and Los Angeles, California
In addition to protecting Orange County, California and Los Angeles, California employees, Yash Law Group assists employers throughout Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles counties who need help understanding and complying with business contracts and labor laws. Employers must make difficult management decisions to enhance the workplace. Employees must be terminated unexpectedly due to behavioral issues or must be suspended without pay because of violation of a company policy. Sometimes employers must lay off a large group of employees due to downsizing. These types of everyday management decisions can lead to claims and lawsuits from employees who feel they should not have lost their job and lead to investigations by various California agencies, such as the Department of Fair Employment and Housing. With changing state and federal labor regulations and requirements, it is difficult for small- and medium-size business owners to keep up and properly protect themselves. And it can be difficult for any business when vendors or partners decide not to perform their end of a contract as they promised. If you are not up to speed and not taking the right steps, you are opening your business up to costly lawsuits and fines. Business and employment lawyer Jesse Singh is here to help. We assist business owners in a number of areas including:
- Assisting with compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws, including California Labor Code and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Representing business owners in contract disputes with vendors and partners.
- Defending businesses against employee complaints before a lawsuit is filed, in administrative proceedings, or in civil litigation in state or federal court in California.
- Performing audits of payroll and employee records and of compliance issues.
As a business owner, you already have a great deal to focus on. When you hire our business and labor law attorney, we worry about the legal end of your business so you can focus on your product or service. Serving people throughout the Orange County area, knowledgeable employment law attorney Jesse Singh offers individualized solutions for all of your business’s needs.Contact Yash Law Group Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation With Employment and Labor Lawyer Jesse Singh
Employment and business disputes can be difficult to navigate without an experienced labor and employment attorney to help you understand your legal rights and obligations. Yash Law Group has represented employees and employers throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County, and Riverside County. Whether you are an employee at a retail shop in Anaheim or Costa Mesa, California with a workplace issue or an online e-commerce or tech startup in Irvine or Santa Ana, California with a contract dispute, contact our Orange County employment and business law attorney today, 714-494-6244 or online.